LaRuche Stock Fish Bits 12oz
Fresh dried stockfish is made from any of a species of a certain type of salt-water fish that has been de-hydrated completely. Think Cod, Haddock, Sey, Tusk, or similar fish.
During a lengthy yet natural drying process (sometimes up to four months) the fish acquires a unique flavor distinct from its original flesh. This period naturally seals in many vitamins and other nutrients in a highly condensed way, yet without needing salt or other added preservatives. Stockfish earns its name in part because it can last indefinitely.
- Very nutritionally rich, often many times that of the original fresh fish.
- Incredibly rich in Calcium, Iron, and Vitamin B.
- To prepare, simply soak the fish till it returns to its pre-dehydrated weight, then cook as normal.
- Makes a delightful and nutritious addition to stews, soups, even rice dishes such as pilafs.
- An easy, creative way to add a seafood flavor to any sauce or recipe.
- Fry, grill, cream, stew your Stockfish — the only limit is your imagination.
A fun way to WOW your guests:
Prepare Stockfish lightly creamed and serve cold on a cucumber slice or cracker as a seafood hors d’oeuvre!